Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Post Jet-Lag Joy


We made it! One week of visiting family together, and Rudy and I enjoyed every minute. (Well, just about every minute.) Fairfield was an adventure with Mindy and Christy as our hostesses. I'd met Mindy at Christmas, so I knew she would be fun, but was surprised to find a super connection with Christy. We loved their new house in Fairfield with a fantastic back yard which was ruled by a little guy called Sasoon. He's a wiener dog.....um...lab mix who runs the household. We did it up in Calderone style, which means lots of food, wine, and laughter. Mindy smoked a killer pork loin and then threw in some dungenous crabs for fun, topped with Rudy's Bar-B-Qued ribs. Rudy and Mindy made some minor new home repairs while Christy and I chilled.


We got back to my Parma apartment around midnight yesterday, and crashed, dreaming about warm weather, kids who have given us great pride, and the hope of future adventures together. It felt good to be selfish in bed this morning. It felt good to spend a week with our daughters. It feels good to be separated by mere miles, doing what we need to do to live, thinking of each other, posting photos, making memories, and dreaming of our next vacation together.


2 comments:

Rudy said...

It's all good. All good. Can't say it any plainer than that.....

R

Jeffrey James Ircink said...

dangit! i just saw you were out here. huh.... :(