Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Springtime In Ohio



Just when we thought it was safe to sit out on our patios, mother nature sent us one last white reminder that winter is not quite over. But we Ohioans know that if you don't like the weather here, just wait a day or two and it will change. This past weekend, at Rudy's home in Akron, we awoke once again, to sunshine and 50 degree temps. A beautiful morning which held the promise of outdoor activities by afternoon. As I gazed out across his back yard, I noticed these amazing little crocuses poking their heads out from some of the unmelted snow which lingered in the shadow of the garage.

I couldn't resist snapping a quick picture and as luck would have it, the result was better than anything I could have imagined. This truly is springtime in Ohio, where we, along with our flower gardens valiantly poke our heads out from the winter blahs and go in search of sunshine. Even after the darkest coldest of winters we have the promise of spring. We just have to be strong enough, patient enough, and hopeful enough, to go in search of it.

No comments: