Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Where Do Cougars Shop?

Funny how life flows  quickly by without so much as a warning that you are becoming a Senior Citizen.   I have always enjoyed occasional trips to my local Kohls store to peruse and eventually purchase really nice lingerie.  I love the way it feels knowing that I'm wearing something colorful and cute and, yes, even sexy underneath my every day clothes.  Come on, what woman doesn't like that extra little ego boost that fine underwear gives her?  I'd planned this past weekend to treat myself to just such an extravagance, and even carved out some time on Saturday to make the trip to Kohls.

Once inside the store I began searching the seemingly unlimited aisles within the lingerie department, delighting in the color selections and textures of the different fabrics and styles.  I even got so far as to select a few items and head to the fitting room, until I began noticing the prices.  What are those bras made of anyway?  I mean is the underwire in the them platinum or something?  I hesitated just long enough to remember a co worker's posting on FaceBook a few weeks ago stating that Kohls gives a Senior discount.  So I wandered over to a cute young clerk and asked her what the rules for such a sale were.  She explained that the discount was given only once or twice a month and that I had not missed it as their store had chosen the following Tuesday and Wednesday for just such a sale.  Good for me! I thought.  Then I turned back to the her and said, "Thank you." and she politely replied, "You're welcome Ma'm."   GGGGGRRRRR

I placed my selections back on the appropriate racks and headed  home with a smile on my face and an even sillier notion in my head.  Oh yes!  I'd be back on Tuesday all right.  And maybe, just maybe I'd purchase one of those colorful little thongs, place it on the check out counter and plop down my Golden Buckeye card for my Senior discount.  This Cougar is shopping at Kohls!

No comments: