Saturday, August 25, 2012
Morning View From My Balcony
It's a beautiful day in Cleveland and I've traded in my glass of wine from last night for a cup of coffee. Surrounded by my flowering potted plants and tucked neatly behind the spreading branches of the maple tree growing right beside my apartment, I gaze out across the complex once again.
I'm delighted to see that the wayward rabbit has returned to the ground cover below my Ukranian neighbors balcony and there she is again in her white robe and slippers. As she showers him with bread crumbs she actually scolds him, "You bad boy. Where you been?". I'm amazed to see the rabbit hop forward toward the sound of her voice and the gifts of food. I watch and chuckle to myself over life's smallest pleasures.
I hear lots of noise in the hallway and I'm guessing that the last of Tilly's helpful relatives are working early this morning to clean her apartment, getting it ready for the managers inspection. One would think that after 30 years she will certainly be getting her security deposit back. Soon they will be painting the walls, installing new carpet and probably modernizing the suite a bit. I can't help but wonder who my new neighbor will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment