It's just another rainy day in Cleveland and I'm only half way through the work week. Coffee in hand, I postpone my ten hour work day by, day dreaming and surfing the web. I miss biking on the tow path. I miss just sitting out on my balcony watching the sunrise. The forced inactivity of the Cleveland winter has padded me with the usual extra 10 pounds, and I miss my thinner, more athletic, self.
We took the opportunity this past weekend to grab a three mile hike in the metro parks. Moderate terrain but plenty of hills to get the heart pumping. A literal walk in the park for us under normal circumstances. However, after a winter of puzzle making, movie watching, cooking and eating, our muscles screamed "Hell no" to our little adventure. The following day we could barely walk. I for one felt every bit of my 59 years. Fortunately, we saw humor in each others pain which kept depression and disappointment at bay.
They say that April showers bring May flowers. For me, they bring my annual Cancun vacation one step closer. I'm ready for the sunshine, the ocean, and the relaxation. I'm hoping that afterwards, I will return to a Cleveland that is no longer in hibernation. Hurry summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm still a wreck. LOL!
Post a Comment