Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Collateral Damage II

Here we are, just as I predicted we would be one short year ago. Destroyed, not by our own doing, but as collateral damage in the war against cancer. Nothing I can do or say would be the right thing. All time and energy has been sucked from our relationship, given over to the higher priority of fighting this losing battle. The pain and chaos magnified by the half truths of one who would cry wolf over and over again. And how are we to know when the wolf is really at the door? Since we have no crystal ball, we put our lives, our love, our relationship on hold. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. There are no good guys, no bad guys, just two people who chose to struggle separately rather than together. Because when all strength is gone we foolishly let go rather than hold on. The only difference between us is that, had our roles been reversed in this tragedy, I would probably have given up long before you did.

No comments: