Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hurry New Year


Well, it's almost time to put up a new calendar and in my opinion, it can't come soon enough. This has been a long, painful year for me and I'm ready to begin again with a positive attitude, a mended heart, and a healthy body.

As I sprint to the finish line of 2010 I see good things ahead for myself and my family and friends. By going back to my five day work week, I've found the time and energy to get back into a regular exercise routine. Because of my renewed strength, I foresee weekend trips with my bike stashed in the back of my car just as soon as the snow begins to melt.

MG has graduated nursing school, John has received his Masters Degree after four long years and Sarah continues to aim for her Bachelors degree, while she excels as a surgical nurse . Their futures look bright even in a failing economy. The new governor has set up a task force to release a number of long term, fully rehabilitated inmates and he has put Steve on the top of his list. I cannot even begin to imagine how Steve feels after twenty six years of incarceration, seeing freedom in the next ten to eighteen months. I am attending a retirement seminar in May which means my freedom is also on the horizon at long last.

Yes, it's been a long hard year, but it's almost over. And as my blog states, I'm going to rise above all the BS and find a field of flowers to play in. That's what Flutterbys do.

No comments: