I have learned that there are three kinds of love pledged between a woman and a man.
The one says, " I will love you now and forever and only death will part us. I may disappoint you but I will never stop loving you or leave you for another."
The second says, "I love you now and will love you until I am tempted to stray. When that happens, I promise to not deceive you, but rather to come to you, admit my weakness, beg your forgiveness, and leave with tears in my eyes."
The third says, "I will love you for this moment but cannot promise you anything else. I may deceive you, and will probably break both your trust and your heart."
The next time love is pledged to me I will ask, "Which love do you promise me?" Then I can choose the amount of risk and pain I am willing to take.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well stated, but let me know when you find someone who will actually go through with one or two. I guess I shouldn't complain as at least my most recent encounter has been honest about being number three from the get go.
I've never given the loves in my life anything less than the first promise. But always walked away when they sank to the third one. Even Rudy bailed on the second promise.
Post a Comment