Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some Men Are Smarter Than Others


You may have noticed that one of my blog followers just happens to be my (what do we call them these days?) Manfriend? Lover? Beau? Whichever, he's the one who makes really cool comments on all my pieces. He actually reads them! We live an hours drive from each other and try to keep a balance between work and weekends. It works because he is smarter than the average man. Much smarter.

He understands that foreplay does not mean ten minutes of groping before you hop into bed. It begins as soon as I wake up and he puts a steaming cup of coffee in my hands. It continues throughout the day with e-mails he calls love bumps and a quick phone call at lunch. Yes,I think I've found a real man who isn't afraid to check his ego at the door, and enter with nothing more than a simple smile. In fact I found him lying naked under my Christmas tree when I entered my apartment the other day. And he didn't mind when I went back into the hallway, closed the door, and started laughing. Let me tell you, his smile lights up my world! What we have is simple, sincere, mature, and awesome. Well, maybe not mature.

Pee Your Pants laughter permeates our relationship, even while we are making love. Now that's something I wish I'd learned years ago. As one becomes older, it becomes more and more apparent that laughing is essential to a relationship. It's the glue that holds you together when everything else is falling apart.

He's the first thing on my mind when I wake each morning and the final thought that follows me into my dreams at night. When he tells me, "You just don't get how much I love you." I realize that I do get it because, I feel the same. In other words, we are mirror images of our emotional commitment to each other. It just doesn't get any better than that.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

Girl, you made me blush! LOL!

You nailed it with your comments on laughter. It will get you through hard times, no money times, and the blues.

We can each be a fool when we feel like it, and feed off each others laughter.

You are special, hon.

flutterby said...

Well yer the one who was nekid under my tree LOL Lucky to be loved by you!

Imprimatur said...

Umm...children reading!!!