I don't usually bother with politics, because as far as I'm concerned, it's a lot like bull shit; smelly, messy, and not worth walking through much less talking about. However, I have watched the economy of Ohio, and more specifically Cleveland, deteriorate to the point where I no longer have a friend or relative who isn't either on layoff, threatened by one, or had their hours and or health care benefits cut. Now I too am joining the ranks of Americans who have to walk through this shit storm which Obama has neatly entitled " Change." If the governor cuts the libraries of Ohio out of his budget plans, we at CCPL will be faced with some tough decisions. One of which, will probably be employee cut backs. Now that's what I call change; and let me tell you change isn't always a good thing.
A Platitude is some cute way of making something bad seem not so bad . My favorite example is the overused, "When life gives you lemons, just make lemonade." I personally do not like lemonade and when life throws lemons at me I tend to call it as I see it and throw them right back. Lemons suck! "The Change" sucks! Platitudes don't make a bad situation better. They blind us to the truth and tend to numb us into complacency instead of focusing on the problem at hand.
Apparently Obama has yet to experience that delightful period in a woman's life which we once called menopause. That's when a woman turns into a mean, sweaty, angry, out of control, brainless, maniac. I know because I've been there and I didn't much like it. Calling it "The Change" didn't make it any better. Obama seems to think that by calling this out of control, economic shit storm "Change" we will swallow the bitter pill of unemployment a little easier. Well big "O" I got news for you. America is in menopause and the next five to ten years aren't going to be pretty. We need a Platitude Adjustment. How about "The Truth Will Set You Free."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Damn, girl. You nailed it. I loved the closer!!!!!
Post a Comment