
It's six am on Saturday. I should be sleeping in, but Boo and I had a sleep over, so the usual weekend rules don't apply. I awaken to a tiny finger tapping the middle of my forehead and hear a giggly, "Wakey Wakey Grandma". My eyes fly open, and the first thing I see is her silly grinning face six inches from mine.
"Morning sweetie, I love you Boo".
"I love you too Grandma".
"You're my favorite grandchild."
"Silly....I'm your ONLY grandchild."
"Yeah, but I'm the luckiest Grandma in the world."
"You're the BEST Grandma in the WHOLE world."
I poke her in the ribs and she giggles. I need a cup of coffee, so I slip out from under the covers and attempt to bend down to pick up one of ten stuffed animals which have fallen from the bed during the night. WHACK! A pillow smacks me in the butt!
"Grandma, you sure have a big butt" (giggle)
"You are not my favorite grandchild anymore"
"Yes I am."
"Yes you are".
A pillow fight ensues. Coffee will just have to wait.
"Morning sweetie, I love you Boo".
"I love you too Grandma".
"You're my favorite grandchild."
"Silly....I'm your ONLY grandchild."
"Yeah, but I'm the luckiest Grandma in the world."
"You're the BEST Grandma in the WHOLE world."
I poke her in the ribs and she giggles. I need a cup of coffee, so I slip out from under the covers and attempt to bend down to pick up one of ten stuffed animals which have fallen from the bed during the night. WHACK! A pillow smacks me in the butt!
"Grandma, you sure have a big butt" (giggle)
"You are not my favorite grandchild anymore"
"Yes I am."
"Yes you are".
A pillow fight ensues. Coffee will just have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment